What are Mini Dental Implants?Mini implants are similar to traditional implants, except that they’re smaller and that they have a retaining fixture attached to them. The head of a mini implant is shaped like a ball, allowing dentures to snap over it securely. With mini implants, you don’t have to worry about your dentures slipping or cause any irritation.
What’s the Procedure in Placing Mini Implants?Because mini implants are small, the process of embedding them into your jawbone is less invasive and quicker compared to the traditional process. Before the surgery begins, your oral surgeon will give you light sedation or a local anesthetic to guarantee that you won’t feel any pain during the procedure. Your gum tissue will then be cut to expose your jawbone where small holes will be drilled. The posts will then be placed into the holes leaving their heads exposed through your gum tissue.
What are the Advantages of Mini Implants?
- Involves a less invasive procedure with shorter healing time.
- Doesn’t require bone grafting or flap surgery.
- Fewer complications and less discomfort.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Provides great support and a secure foundation for your dentures.
- Appears, feels, and functions just like your natural teeth.